MANLIBNET INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL GRANT
To promote research in LIS, MANLIBNET-Bharat Book Bureau (3B) International Travel Grant of about Rs. 65000/- a year is given to MANLIBNET members for presenting an original and unpublished paper at an International Library Conference held outside India.
Terms and Conditions:
- The grant shall be given to MANLIBNET members only.
- The grant shall cover registration, travel, and accommodation charges. The Visa Application fee shall not be covered by the grant.
- Winners of the award shall be free to apply to other funding agencies to meet the shortfall, if any. However, the same needs to be disclosed to MANLIBNET.
- Application for availing travel grant shall be supported by letters from conference organizers about acceptance of paper and invitation to attend the conference.
- The winner of the grant shall not be entitled to apply for the next five years. However, applicants of the grant, however, shall be free to apply for any other travel grant constituted by MANLIBNET in the future.
- The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final and binding. The Committee may reject all applications without assigning any reason.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- To keep the accounting process simple, MANLIBNET would encourage the awardee of the grant to use the full amount of this grant either for registration, travel, or accommodation expenses.
- Upon receipt of MANLIBNET’s confirmation about the grant, the awardee would send self-attested copies of the invitation, and paper acceptance communication to the General Secretary, MANLIBNET at the address – Dr. Akhtar Parvez, University Librarian, Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 032.
- On completion of travel, the awardee has to submit original bills (for an amount equivalent to the grant given by MANLIBNET) to MANLIBNET. Such bills may include air tickets, boarding passes, registration fee receipt, hotel bills, etc.
- A written declaration has to be submitted to the General Secretary, MANLIBNET within 30 days of returning to the country stating that the grant has been utilized for the purpose it was given to the awardee by MANLIBNET.
- In case, for any reason, the awardee is not able to avail of the grant, he/she will refund the grant amount in full to MANLIBNET within 30 days of returning to the country.
- The awardee will be required to send a brief report of the conference to the President/General Secretary, MANLIBNET within 30 days of his/her return to the country.
- The awardee will be required to share his experience of the travel/paper presentation with delegates of the next annual MANLIBNET conference. For attending the conference, MANLIBNET will not provide any financial support to the awardee. However, the registration fee will be waived off for such an awardee.
- In case of any breach of contract/agreement/terms & conditions (as stated above), the awardee shall refund the entire grant amount to the General Secretary, MANLIBNET within 30 days of the receipt of any communication to this effect from MANLIBNET Award Committee.
- In case the awardee (on receipt of communication from MANLIBNET) accepts the above terms and conditions of the grant, he/she may print all the terms and conditions on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 100/-, give a declaration that he/she accepts all terms of the grant, sign it and send the same to the General Secretary, MANLIBNET at Dr. Akhtar Parvez, University Librarian, Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 032. E-mail: email@example.com
Applications should reach the General Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2023.